Saturday, July 18, 2009

Def Leppard: This Monday


I admit it: I'm looking forward to this show. Oh, my street cred drops whenever some of my past pleasures come out, but I'm not ashamed to admit my love of some good ol' hard rock. I remember when Def Leppard first came around I told my guitar teacher that if he could he should buy stock in the band, that they were going to HUGE. And they were, for quite a while.

Def Leppard, Poison, AND Cheap Trick. It's an 80's flashback! Some sniffing around has provided the researchers in the Old Skool Archive Library with an earlier set list from this tour. Looking at the list, it's easy to see why they were so popular, with hit after hit. One would assume that it will not vary much, so here's what you can tentatively expect:

01. Rocket
02. Animal
03. Let's Get Rocked
04. Foolin'

05. Mirror Mirror
06. Nine Lives
07. Love Bites
08. (Bass Solo)
09. Rock On
10. Two Steps Behind
11. Bringin' on the Heartbreak

12. Switch 625
13. Hysteria
14. Armageddon It
15. Photograph

16. Pour Some Sugar on Me
Encore:
17. Rock of Ages

And don't even get me started on Cheap Trick... Yes, this will be very good indeed...

No comments: