Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Johnny Cash: Hurt

While we're on the subject of regret, and shows that were missed. Johnny Cash played at Emo's the first time I went to SXSW. I found out about it the next day, the newspapers calling it the "worse-kept secret" of the festival. I wish someone would have told me. From what I understand, mohawked punks danced with the old folks, and everyone had a great time.

This video is one of the saddest I've ever watched. And if not the saddest, then certainly the most emotional. If you know of one that has even more of an emotional pull to it, I'd love to know. But I might have to watch it late at night when no one's around, because if it's more emotional than this one I will probably need to be alone. What a perfect cover, and at a perfect time in the man's life. Powerful:

No comments: