Monday, November 17, 2008

Post Secret

Many of you may already be aware of Frank Warren's Post Secret web site. I know I have gone to the site regularly for some time now. Frank posts new secrets that everyday folks send in to him every Sunday morning. It has become something of a ritual for me to go to his site sometime in the wee hours of Sunday morning, and peek behind the strangers curtain. The experience is sometimes funny and also sometimes surprisingly moving. He recently came to STL and Mizzou, and unfortunately I could not make either of those appearances. But I did go see him last year at the Mad Art Gallery, not really knowing what to expect. The video below gives you at least a small feel for what that was like.



I expected Frank to be boisterous, and to make fun of the posts. Turns out he is an amazingly sensitive person who takes what he does with a respect for each and every person's secret. Now that doesn't mean he can't have some fun with the posts, but I felt a great admiration for him after his talk. If you get a chance, go see him. You won't regret it.

BTW, I didn't post any of the cards from his site here, because I think that would cheapen what he does. So take a look.

No comments: