Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Flaming Lips: March Of 1,000 Flaming Skeletons This Saturday


My good friends in the Flaming Lips e-mailed me to let me know that they are having their annual parade this Saturday, October 25 in Oklahoma City. Sounds like a lot of fun, but I've got to wash my hair and can't make it. Maybe next year, though. Here's the details:

This Oct 25, The LIPS will once again host their annual MARCH OF 1000 FLAMING SKELETONS parade in downtown Oklahoma City’s Bricktown district, just a stones throw away from FLAMING LIPS ALLEY.

Last year’s inaugural Ghouls Gone Wild event was a huge success that drew LIPS fans from around the globe. Naturally, this year’s Supernatural procession will be even more incendiary as festive floats, (in)appropriately adorned cars, walking groups and plenty of surprises along with 1000 strong undead snaking through the streets of Oklahoma City. Wayne Coyne will lead the evening’s proceedings as Master of Ceremonies and the parades Grand Marshall Extraordinaire.


For $35 you get a cool pack of a t-shirt, skeleton suit, and torch. And of course you get to march in the parade! Sounds awesome, and I am seriously thinking I need to do this next year when I can plan ahead. Go HERE to sign up, and let me know how it was!

No comments: