Monday, October 27, 2008

Octopus Project, This Thursday At The Bluebird


I was pleased to see that the Octopus Project were going to be gracing our fair STL city this Thursday at the Bluebird. If you are not familiar with them , they are a mostly instrumental group hailing from Austin. I stumbled upon them at SXSW a few years ago, and was entranced to see a young lady playing the hell out of the Theremin along with a full-on band. That's right, I said Theremin. The band puts on a very good live show.

Here is a new video from them that has a great home-made feel. Man, I miss seeing videos on my MTV:


Here's one for the song "Truck". I love you both videos capture the aesthetic of the band in their own way:


There are more videos on their site, along with some MP3s that you can download. Go see them, I bet you'll like them. Enjoy.

No comments: