Thursday, March 5, 2009

SXSW Spotlight: The Avett Brothers

If you've read this blog for any length of time, you know that I am a big fan of this band. Ragged and raw at times, and other times so beautiful it gives me goosebumps. I am not sure how I feel about them opening up for the Dave Matthews band in the big sheds this summer, but at least they will be exposed to a bigger audience. They have also been invited by the boss himself to contribute a cover song to celebrate Springsteen's new album. It's part of a series called "Hangin' On E Street" and features performances by Pete Yorn, Ted Leo, and Against Me! to name a few. Kinda cool stuff. Here they are performing "Glory Days":



And where will the Avett Brothers be at SXSW? Well, I'm glad you asked:
Wednesday, March 18 11:00 p.m.
Stubb's (801 Red River St)
W/ The Decemberists

3/19/09 Austin, TX
Radio Room - Paste/Brooklyn Vegan SxSW Party
(508 E 6th St)

No comments: