Sunday, March 15, 2009

SXSW Spotlight: Ida Maria


I first heard "I like you so much better when you're naked" a few months ago. It's a fun blast of pop-punk from the Norwegian, one that I never thought I would be able to see/hear live, but that is one of the wonders of South By Southwest, artists from all over the world all in one city in Texas. Ida Maria has won the Norwegian equivalent of a Grammy for "best new artist" and seems to be building up some European buzz. Sometimes that translates to buzz here in the states, other times an artist has a whole successful career there, while struggling to fill small clubs in the vast U.S--. I'm no Nostradamus, so no predictions. But I do like what I hear:





Unfortunately, "So much better when you're naked" has the embedding disabled. If you would like to watch, go here.

SXSW Info:
Wednesday, March 18 1:00 a.m.
Buffalo Billiards (201 E 6th St)

Thursday, March 19 12:45 a.m.
Maggie Mae's (323 E 6th St)

No comments: