Monday, May 11, 2009

Heart: Crazy On You

So my friend Jeff sent this, with a note that is true:

"How hawt were they? Way hawt, and they can play"

Yes, Jeff, indeed. This song really shows Heart at, one can only imagine, their height of power. No obligatory cleavage shots for the MTV, no squishing Ann to hide the fact that she had gained too much weight to, I guess, be considered sexy in the music videos. Just pure rock, with a great acoustic intro by Nancy. The song went to #35 on the Billboard charts, and the band really tears it up, showcasing their musicianship.

The only story I personally have about Heart has to do with me wearing dress shoes, black socks, and shorts, singing "Barracuda" to my friend Eric (or was that him? It has been a while), and the late-night laughter it caused. One of those "you had to be there" moments, but a good moment nonetheless. Ladies and gentlemen, Heart:


No comments: