Thursday, June 18, 2009

Brendan Benson: Metarie


I found Brendan Benson in 2002 because I was really digging Jason Falkner. When I heard that Jason had produced some newcomer's disc, I thought I'd check it out. The CD was (and is) called "Lapalco" and was pretty good. The two songs that I marked with a post-it were #2 and 5. That's how I could remember when I revisited a CD a year or two later-- "Ah, Yes! Those ARE good songs!" Anyway, I suspect many folks first encountered Brendan when the Raconteurs came out, what with Jack White being the indie renaissance man and all.

As I was going through some of my CDs to trade in, I came across this one, and it still holds up. Well, at least the two tracks in question. Here he is performing track #2 acoustically with accompaniment by Chris Plum. A little Old Skool history:

No comments: